Brochure Type: USA & Canada 2018
You're constantly reminded of the sea in this fish-hook shaped corner of New England. From "Ocean State" Rhode Island, steeped in sailing history, to the chic waterfront resorts of Martha's Vineyard and summer playgrounds of the Cape.
Additional Included Highlights
- Boston: View the neighbourhoods of Back Bay and North End.
- Martha's Vineyard: Visit Oak Bluffs with its 'gingerbread cottages' and tour the island.
- Cape Cod: Tour the Cape Cod National Seashore. Taste the goodness of Massachusetts' number one agricultural commodity crop at a cranberry bog.
- Scenic Drives: Travel along Ocean Drive in Newport, Rhode Island. Enjoy the natural beauty of Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.
- Cape Cod: Meet a local farmer and taste the goodness of the all-American cranberry fruit at a working cranberry bog.
- North Falmouth: Join your Tour Director and celebrate the culmination of your tour with wine and classic New England cuisine.
- Included Quality Dining: 7 Full Breakfasts (FB), 4 Dinners (D) with wine (DW).
- Nantucket: Take an excursion to this idyllic island, characterised by cobblestone streets and lighthouses.
- New Bedford: With a Local Expert, journey back to the great age of Moby Dick and castaway crews from around the globe, at the engaging New Bedford Whaling Museum.
- Boston: See Boston's red-brick Freedom Trail come to life as your Tour Director leads you through this historic walking tour.
- Newport: Step aboard an 80-foot schooner for a scenic cruise around the Newport coastline.
- Sandwich: There's something for everyone at the Heritage Museums and Gardens - a fascinating complex of Americana museums, located within a 100-acre garden setting.
- Our highly-skilled Insight Tour Director will ensure your journey is seamless, serving as your expert guide, consummate organiser, and friend in a foreign land.
- Enjoy the comfort of Insight's luxury, air-conditioned, 40-seat touring coach, with extended Business Class legroom and on-board restroom.
- Personal radio headsets give you the freedom to wander during visits to famous highlights, without missing any of your Local Expert's fascinating commentary.
- We carry your bags for you and promptly deliver them to your hotel door.
- Hotel and restaurant tips are included; you'll never have to worry about how much to give, nor search for foreign currency. Plus, we include all taxes and porterage charges at hotels.
- Stay connected with friends and family with our complimentary coach and hotel Wi-Fi (where available).
- From time to time, your Tour Director will enchant you with an Insight Flourish - a local tidbit representing authentic food or beverages unique to the destination.
- Complimentary transfers from and to Boston Logan International Airport are available only on arrival and departure days. Should your flights not coincide with these transfers, or additional accommodation has been booked through Insight Vacations, charged transfers are available. Alternatively, please make your own way from/to the airport.
Call (972) 264-4288 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13867323
- Tour Operator
- Insight Vacations
- Offer valid through 6/30/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Boston||Boston, the Cradle of Liberty.: Welcome to Boston. Upon arrival at Boston Logan International Airport, transfer to your downtown hotel. At 18:00, gather with your Tour Director for a Welcome Dinner with wine and an opportunity to mingle, during a pleasant evening. (Dinner with Wine)|
The Westin Copley Place, Boston
|Day 2||Boston||Historic Boston.: (Relaxed Start) Your Tour Director will provide you with a fascinating insight into 'Beantown' during a historical sightseeing tour. At several stops along Boston's famed Freedom Trail, hear about the struggle and courage of the American colonists during revolutionary times. View the colourful neighbourhoods of Back Bay and historic North End. The afternoon is free to pursue your own interests. (Full Breakfast)|
The Westin Copley Place, Boston
|Day 3||Newport||Newport, the Queen of Summer Resorts.: South of Boston is Rhode Island, America's smallest state packed with big league attractions. Its star player is the elegant town of Newport, lined with the Gilded Age mansions of America's wealthiest families. Visit The Breakers, the grandest of Newport's summer 'cottages' and a symbol of the Vanderbilt family's social and financial preeminence during the late 19th century. Newport was home to the America's Cup for more than 50 years and is widely known as the Sailing Capital of the World. Embark on a nautical discovery on-board an 80-foot (24 metre) schooner for a scenic cruise around the coastline. In the evening, dinner is served at a local restaurant. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Hotel Viking, Newport
|Day 4||Sandwich||On to Sandwich.: In the morning, travel back in time to visit the stunning New Bedford Whaling Museum, where a Local Expert will enlighten you on the extensive impact whaling had on the region. See the largest model ship in the world, a beautiful scrimshaw collection, and the many exhibits, including the material that inspired Herman Melville to pen his classic work, 'Moby Dick.' Travel on to the town of Sandwich, the oldest town on Cape Cod. Continue to the Heritage Museums and Gardens, where in one beautiful location, you'll find sweeping lawns, stunning gardens, a windmill, art gallery, museum of Americana, and an amazing collection of antique cars. Visit the Sandwich Glass Museum to experience the techniques of the English and Irish glassmakers that founder Deming Jarvis developed during the early 19th century. (Full Breakfast)|
Dan'l Webster Inn and Spa, Sandwich
|Day 5||Martha's Vineyard||Martha's Vineyard, a Presidential Paradise.: Board your morning ferry to Martha's Vineyard, home to pristine sandy beaches, and diverse outdoor attractions. No stranger to presidential visits, the island has hosted Bill Clinton and the Obamas, while the former U.S. First Lady Jacqueline Kennedy Onassis maintained a home here. After disembarking, make your way to Oak Bluffs, known for its rainbow-coloured, gingerbread-like cottages with storybook decorations, high-peaked roofs, and dainty verandahs. Get acquainted with the island on a tour, before reaching your hotel which overlooks Edgartown's beautiful harbour, lighthouse and Chappaquiddick Island. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Harbor View Hotel, Martha's Vineyard/Edgartown
|Day 6||North Falmouth||Cape Cod National Seashore, Provincetown and North Falmouth.: Take the ferry back to Woods Hole before an excursion to the Cape Cod National Seashore, a National Park that encompasses much of the Outer Cape. Travel to the extreme tip of Cape Cod, to Provincetown - a small coastal resort known for its beaches, cool boutiques, restaurants and art galleries, giving this town a fun and funky vibe. Then, it's on to the cottage-lined streets of North Falmouth and your beachside hotel. Step outside to feel the sun on your face and the sand between your toes. (Full Breakfast)|
Sea Crest Beach Hotel (Ocean view rooms), North Falmouth
|Day 7||North Falmouth||Nantucket Island.: Depart Hyannis in style on a high-speed catamaran for the quaint island of Nantucket. Not only has it retained the charm of a bygone era, it is one of the most exclusive coastal communities in the US. During your visit, take in the beauty of the quaint cobblestone streets, simple Quaker-style homes and handsome houses dating back to the whaling days. Return to the mainland in the late afternoon to relax at your beachfront hotel, before meeting in the evening for a Celebration Dinner with wine. (Full Breakfast / Dinner with Wine)|
Sea Crest Beach Hotel (Ocean view rooms), North Falmouth
|Day 8||Boston||Berries, Bogs and Back to Boston.: (Relaxed Start) As one of the few fruits native to North America, it is said that the cranberry is more American than apple pie. Meet a local cranberry bog farmer. With generations of knowledge behind him, he will share with you the lifecycle and cultural impact of this truly American berry. Return to Boston, where there are complimentary transfers to Boston Logan International Airport, or the Boston tour hotel for guests wishing to extend their stay. Airport arrival will be at 14:00. (Full Breakfast)|
- Notes: Twin prices are per person. Book Your Air Early: To get the best land & air deal possible!
- These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class